Well, I do have a very good reason for not keeping to my “write more on my blog” goal (Goals for 2012)…. we moved!!! Yes, we have moved our family…. again…. We are hoping that this is our last time!! It all started not much more than 6-8 weeks ago!!! My husband’s job was just not as stable as we were hoping it would be so he started applying for jobs, we waited and nothing much happen for a week or two. He contacted his previous job and interviewed for several different jobs, he picked one and four weeks ago we were packing up our house and back in Iowa.
The land of rolling fields of corn and soy beans as far as the eye can see! Yes, we are glad to be back, this is where we made our first married home together 10 years ago (oh yeah, in February we celebrate our 10 year anniversary! We had planned to take a fun trip just the two of us but we are now building a house?!) We have lots of friends here, we know the culture and the town and we are much busier here!! I kind of miss the slow days of South Dakota, even though that took some getting used to! So there you have it! I have a WHOLE bunch of draft posts I want to write, so hopefully I can get back to my “write more on my blog” goal now!!
I think I’m doing pretty well on the rest of my goals:
- Our morning routine is working out great! The only thing I’ve changed since then is that at our apartment that we are living in until our new house is built we don’t have a DVR and the kids LOVE the new show on Disney called Doc McStuffin’s and if they want to watch it their chores have to be done by the time it comes on and it comes on at 9:00am! It has been a REALLY good motivator for Sweetie Pea!! In fact this morning she was done with all of her chores (and so was I because she makes me feel bad if she is working and I’m not?!) by 8:00am!! WOW!
- Our read-aloud time is part of our morning routine and we even do a reading time in the afternoon sometimes after Honey Bee’s nap! YAY for more reading!
- Read more books for me…. well I’ve bought a book to read and I’ve been listening to a book on Audible so I’m at least trying!
- It’s been hard to create or be very creative when packing and unpacking boxes… that’s where Pinterest comes in… at least I can live vicariously through all the great projects on there!!
- Not too good at planning ahead right now… hopefully will get better at that this summer?! 🙂 We aren’t doing much for Easter because of my lack of planning….
- Clutter reduction – still needs A LOT of work… I am a pile maker so I will have to be deliberate about this!! Still needs LOTS of work!
- Journal writing has been ok, I did good for a while and then with all the moving it has been hard to give it time.
- Try Roller Derby – YES! I did do this and it was AMAZING!! Probably one of the most fun things I’ve ever done, the derby girls were amazing, patient and very helpful in learning how to skate like a derby girl. Since moving I haven’t joined the league here but I am hopeful! Check out the Madhouse Madams of Spearfish, SD!! They are amazing ladies and I was honored to be a part of their team even if it was for only a short time!!
- Reading my bible is part of my morning routine now and I try to make an effort to focus on one thing that I read that morning throughout the day.
Did you make any goals for 2012 yet? I’d love to hear about them and how you are doing!!!